Hope – Creating optimism and hope for the future.
Opportunity – Creating opportunities to learn, to share knowledge and experience, to grow and advance.
– Leading with courage, passion and determination to overcome challenges and reach and achieve goals.
Equality – Recognise, respect and value people’s differences to contribute to and realise their full potential.
Our values of hope, opportunity, perseverance and equality underpin our commitment to making a positive impact on the lives of all our students and, Creating Futures together.
Our School Principles
- With support and opportunity, every young person can have a positive future;
- Our education encourages, challenges, inspires and develops young people;
- Relationship is the basis of our education;
- Students learn once they trust the people in their environment;
- The Academy strives to be a reliable part of students’ lives;
- All of our staff lead with courage, passion and determination;
- Every young person has a right to be heard and is worth the effort;
- Staff strive to show respect to each other and to students and our community;
- We succeed as students realise they are worthy of our time and compassion.
The Academy’s main strategic priorities are:
- School Environment: create a safe physical school environment that ensures our students feel safe and connected;
- Classroom Learning Resources: provide engaging and optimum learning resources which energise our students and their motivation to learn;
- Student Engagement and Wellbeing: continue developing our Student Services to incorporate best practice models and holistic wellbeing services;
- Community Partnerships: develop targeted community partnerships which support student work experience, employment, networking, and community building opportunities.