We arrange small groups with a modified curriculum specifically designed to meet individual needs. Students can also receive one-on-one assistance where needed.
Our teachers support students through learning strategies, such as:
- A set routine which includes spelling activities, word recognition, and daily guided reading;
- Reading comprehension and text processing strategies;
- Scaffolding and modelling of writing;
- Tasks broken down into smaller achievable segments;
- Online literacy games such as “Learn English Teens” and “Fun Maths for High School”;
- Resource materials to assist in developing foundation mathematical concepts.
Our program focuses on improving reading skills, basic spelling, grammar and comprehension, word recognition and development of vocabulary.
Students explore topics related to the workplace, such as:
- Expectations of behaviour in the workplace;
- Employment conditions;
- Applying for a job.
Our program concentrates on improving fundamental numeracy skills. In each class our students work through ‘Maths Minutes’ a resource that helps to fill gaps in their basic mental calculation strategies. The focus is also on real life mathematical skills with an emphasis on money and being a competent consumer.
Our students work through the ‘Buying Smart’ learning guide which introduces them to a range of skills and knowledge using real life scenarios.
- Debit and credit cards;
- Telephone and online banking systems;
- How to buy wisely instead of impulsively.
For more information, please contact our Academy on (08) 6350 1872 or firstname.lastname@example.org.